A Simple Healthy Food Idea During Mid-pregnancy
As the fetus grows, the mother's body needs a healthy food like more protein and calcium. Calcium is an important constituent for the formation of bones and teeth, assists in muscle contraction and blood function, and especially needed in the formation of fetal bone. Thus, a large amount is necessary during pregnancy, as well as other healthy food.
Principles of Nutrition Management during Mid-pregnancy
Calcium is stored in mother’s bones during early pregnancy to be used by the fetus when needed. Healthy food like sardines and dried fish are important source of calcium but be aware of too much salt content. Milk, cheese and other dairy products, green vegetables, eggs, almonds, sesame seeds, etc. are rich in calcium. The body absorption rate of calcium would be higher if these calcium-containing food are taken together with beef, pork or chicken. The best way to have calcium intake is to drink 500-600 c.c. of milk every day.
Adequate Iron Intake
Better effect could be achieved when taking food with iron and vitamin C together, as the vitamin C can assist our body to absorb iron. On the other hand, black tea or coffee will hinder our body's absorption of iron because of their caffeine content. Do not drink coffee, black tea or other beverages with caffeine contents one hour before and after meals.
Taking Cellulose Food to eliminate Constipation
Take a lot of cellulose-rich food to avoid constipation. However, note that if you eat too much cellulose, the absorption rate of calcium and iron will be reduced. To obtain cellulose in your diet, mixed grain rice is better than pure rice, vegetable soup is better than soup stock or chicken soup. Take a lot of fresh fruit or vegetables, at least two dishes of vegetables in each meal. Take at least one type of kelp, seaweed, sea-tangle, laver etc. daily.
Calcium-rich Food for Healthy Fetus and Mom
Below are some Nutritious Food:
Oyster 200 g, rice 1-1/2 bowl, mushroom 2-3 pcs, carrot 1/3 pc, soy sauce 1 tablespoon, sesame oil 1 teaspoon, salt 1 teaspoon, chopped green onion an appropriate amount
1. Clean the oyster in salt water, dried by draining, standby.
2. Cut the mushroom and carrot to fine pieces, standby.
3. Heat up the sesame oil in a kettle, then put in the rice, mushroom, carrot and stir-fry until fragrant. Add one tablespoon of soy sauce, let the rice look shiny, stir-fry until the rice is completely dried.
4. Place oyster on top, stew further for a short while. Serve in a bowl after sprinkled with chopped green onion.
Barreled Shrimp Rice
Rice 1-1/2 bowl, fresh shrimp 150 g, peas 60 g, white wine 60 c.c., soup stock 200 c.c., olive oil 4 tablespoon, minced garlic 1 tablespoon, minced onion 2 tablespoons
A pinch of salt, dash of pepper
1. Heat up 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a kettle. Add peas, minced garlic, fresh shrimp, salt and pepper and stir-fry, add white wine, let boil with high heat until the alcohol is evaporated.
2. Take out the shrimp and peas from kettle, standby. Boil the remaining soup, then add soup stock and 200 c.c. of water. Apply low heat for 2-3 minutes, pour out the soup, standby.
3. Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a kettle. Add onion and rice, stir-fry. Pour the soup into kettle and boil until the water is evaporated.
4. Finally add the shrimp and pea previously took out, add salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
That’s all for some insight about the healthy food that a pregnant woman should intake.
Also, check out some chinese home remedies and treatment for pregnant women.